Who Are We?
SERVE is the cross cultural missions branch of Denton Bible Church, existing to glorify God by cultivating, equipping, and mobilizing Christian leaders worldwide.
Where do I start?
If you are interested in exploring a ministry in missions, we invite you to meet with us to discuss both the opportunities and requirements for mission field service. If God leads you to pursue missions, you would then complete the necessary paperwork before receiving a customized plan for your training and equipping based on your life circumstances. Check out the frequently asked questions section and/or complete the missionary interest form to be contacted by one of our staff members.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I know if I should consider being a long term missionary?
- What is Denton Bible Church’s Statement of Faith?
- What is the application process?
- How will will I be prepared to go?
- How will I be paid?
- Where can I get more information?
How do I know if I should consider being a long term missionary?
- You show clear evidence of being a believer in Jesus Christ.
- You demonstrate a sincere commitment to serve the Lord.
- You agree with our statement of faith and core values.
- You’ve been actively participating in the life of Denton Bible Church for at least two years and leaders confirm the wisdom of your seeking participation in long term cross-cultural ministry.
- You actively share your faith with others.
- Your spouse is also committed to seeking participation in long term cross-cultural ministry.
What is Denton Bible Church’s Statement of Faith?
Because SERVE is the cross cultural missions branch of Denton Bible Church, we follow the statement of faith for Denton Bible Church. All potential missionary candidates must agree to Denton Bible Church’s doctrinal statement. Click here to read the full Denton Bible Church’s doctrinal statement.
What is the Application Process?
Begin the process by phoning, e-mailing, or filling out the online interest form.
All prospective candidates must interview with two or more of our home office staff and complete an MTI application. Candidates who qualify for missionary will work with the SERVE home office to determine what training timeline that best suits their life circumstances.
When we receive your references from your application we will review them and we may contact your references. These are an important part of your application process.
After receiving the application and references forms, the Serve staff members will determine if you look like a good fit for Serve. Upon the staff’s recommendation, you will be assigned a Serve staff member to determine the sequence of training you will need.
How will I be prepared to go?
The following components will be a part of your preparation and equipping to serve as a missionary:
- Biblical, theological, and ministerial training with missions-specific content. Training is offered through BTCP/L, YoungGuns, and DTS; and includes a weekly discussion time with SERVE staff.
- Cross-cultural training, language acquisition, and biblical Contextualization through weekly study and discussion in Denton.
- Apprenticeship opportunities to develop ministry experience, skills, and spiritual gifts through different areas of ministry in the church.
- Discipleship in spiritual disciplines and practical sanctification with a member of the missions staff.
- Advanced cultural training through our training partner in Mexico as well as extended short-term trips to your intended location.
Enhancement of key life skills and experience (e.g. personal time management, budgeting, spiritual leadership principles, relationships in marriage and team; as well as training on legal matters pertinent to field life: retirement, insurance, wills, taxes, powers of attorney, visas)
How Will I Be Paid?
All Serve Missionaries are responsible to develop a partnership team by raising support. The support that missionary candidates raise covers all salary, benefits, and costs associated with their full time ministry. Our missions office staff will direct you to the training you need in order to develop your partnership team.
Where Can I Get More Information?
For questions about how to apply, the training process, or additional info about SERVE, fill out the interest form and/or contact the missions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.